I’m celebrating my 15th year of dancing in the SF Bay Area! I have so many people and places to thank for supporting, teaching, collaborating, inspiring, joining, and helping me to be a mother and artist. WOW!! Is it really 2014?? My son keeps asking me if a time travel machine has been invented yet. Not sure, but if all things go as planned, this year of the HORSE will bring travel for Piñata Dance Collective. I am currently seeking artist residencies in Mexico for my movement research in ancestral land-sensing as well as the contemporary and indigenous roots of La Piñata. Dates TBA. Wish me luck! See below for all classes, news and events I am offering for the next few months, as well as my new **creative economics policy**.
Warmly, Liz Boubion, MFA, RSMT
- Intermediate Modern Dance Class with Liz Boubion. Fridays 11:30am-1pm at Shawl Anderson in Berkeley, Ca. Press JOIN on FaceBook to help spread the word! Click Here
- TEMENOS: A Movement Practice for Women– with Liz Boubion. 1st Saturdays of March, April, May. 1-5pm. Drawing on the foundations of the Tamalpa Life-Art Process, mindfulness practices and dance. ALL LEVELS. No experience necessary. Affordable for all. Drop-In OK. See More…
- ONE BILLION RISING–First Presbyterian Church, 2619 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94612
Doors open at 6:30 PM, Performance starts at 7:00 PM With Bay Area Rising. Stand for Real Love. TICKETS WERE SOLD OUT LAST YEAR! GET YOURS IN ADVANCE! A V-Day community ritual evening of music and dance in Oakland, standing up against violence toward women and girls. I will be singing in the Center with an original song I wrote called “Holy Land” with vocal accompaniment by Afia Walking Tree and Hallie McConnlogue. I will also be dancing in the West for Anne Bluethenthal and Dancers with Melanie DeMore singing a beautiful excerpt of Anne’s Forgiveness Project. Buy Tickets…
- What is RSMT? I am always offering Private Individual Somatic Movement Sessions. And now am now officially a Registered Somatic Movement Therapist with the International Somatic Movement Education and Therapy Association (ISMETA)! The Tamalpa Institute is an associate member with ISMETA, so my affiliation gives me a broader, international community of somatic practitioners…and more letters after my name. Yay me! And yay for the increasing recognition of body wisdom and somatic healing fields. More details on private sessions…
- ***Creative Economics Policy*** In 2014, I want to make sure that my private workshops and sessions (TEMENOS: A Movement Practice for Women, and Private Somatic Movement Sessions) are accessible for all income levels by providing the “Donate at the Door” option on Pay Pal. I am also open to trades and work exchange. For the last 15 years of living in the Bay Area, I have been given an enormous amount of support based on the generosity of people. I have received, free, sliding scale, trades and work exchanges for classes, performances, workshops, donated space, dana-based retreats and really cheap body work that have all supported my artistry, my health and my spiritual growth. They idea is that you give what you can…and what you feel good giving. I have no judgement about it and trust it will pay forward. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!! MUCHAS GRACIAS MIS GENTES BONITAS!
Upcoming workshops and classes you must know about!
If you want to learn drumming from one of the leading traditional African Diasporic female drummers in the Bay Area, or if you need a permaculture restoration in your garden- Check out Afia Walking Tree, M.Ed. at www.afiawalkingtree.com
WINTER CONTACT IMPROVISATION INTENSIVE WITH KARL FROST– Febrary-March. I highly recommend Karl. He is a very skilled CI teacher and makes contact very accessible and fun.