Become aware and transform the patterns that hinder you from moving with more freedom and personal power…
Reclaim and discover healthy movement that supports physical, emotional, mental or spiritual stability and freedom…
Discover the natural resources that exist within the body with eco-somatic integration.
Individual guiding with me and the Tamalpa Life-Art Process® provides a creative container to express, sense and examine your personal, cultural and archetypal life themes through the inherent self-healing abilities of the body and mind. In co-creation with you, I will offer resources from a broad base of my experience as a movement specialist to invite your own authentic movement vocabularies. Through the felt experience in the moment, we give attention to the wisdom of the body for voices and stories that are longing to be expressed.
- identify one or two themes of your life from a body-based approach (physically, emotionally, or mentally)
- movement exploration and coaching
- somatic awareness exercises (for grounding, re-patterning, homeostasis and anatomical alignment)
- self-regulating breath explorations (increase flow and lower anxiety)
- drawing (symbolic imagery)
- writing/poetic response (self-reflection)
- vocal expression (freeing the voice)
- dialog (with me, or with conflicting or collaborating parts of yourself)
- guided meditation (integration, return to self, drop-into the soul of the moment)
- hands-on contact or physical support
With the dedicated time and space for reflection and creativity, a deeper sense of connectedness to self, other and the world at large is able to emerge.
One-on-one coaching/guiding is suitable for anyone with a body and would be beneficial for individuals who wish to do one or more of the following:
- Enter a non-judgmental and supportive environment to move through emotions, personal themes, transitions, goals or specific life questions.
- Break through inhibitions caused by self-doubt or past fears.
- Utilize the power of art and creativity to manifest personal growth.
- Self-connect through mindful movement, sound, and drawing.
- Unlock the singing voice and retrieve it as a passageway to the soul and vibrational healing.
- Embody, explore, claim or re-claim your identity (including: gender, sexual, age, professional, cultural, religious, social, personal, familial, etc).
- Develop your artistic voice for performance, exhibition and composition.
- Lower anxiety levels (including performance anxiety or for daily function).
- Keep the energy flowing in the face of depression, post-traumatic stress or physical illness and cultivate self care.
- Gain self confidence and awareness by outwardly making visible the deep layers of the internal landscape.
Sessions are $60- $100 sliding scale per session and they are 1hr to 1.5 hours long. They are held at Monkey Yoga Shala Studio or your home. After our first visit, I encourage people to sign up for 4-6 sessions, in order to allow a relationship to develop and for you to delve deeper into your personal themes as you become more familiar with the TLAP work and me as a guide/witness. Payment can be paid each session or in advance on PayPal.
I have worked with mainstream and marginalized populations in groups and individually within clinical and non-clinical settings: Individuals living with depression, anxiety, PTSD, schizophrenia or dementia. Culturally diverse constituencies, people of all ages from 2-102 yrs, mixed abilities adults, differently learning youth, LGBT youth and adults, women in cancer remission, bedside visits palliative care, women on parole, women in recovery, prenatal women, artists, performers, healers, educators, therapists and more. Please email me with any questions: email@example.com